International Health Certificates

International Health Certificates

Traveling internationally with your pet is a great experience but requires additional planning. If you are planning to take your pet on an international trip from Nashville, Tennessee, you will need to obtain an International Health Certificate. This certificate verifies that your pet is able to travel comfortably and safely. It will state that your pet is free of illness and infection, to prevent diseases from spreading to other parts of the world.

Many countries, such as those in the European Union, have their own health certificates specific to their own country. However, If you are traveling to a country without a health certificate requirement, you will then need the International Health Certificate (USDA-APHIS 7001). Nippers Corner Pet Medical Center is here to help make this tedious process a little easier.

We Can Help

Our veterinarians will simply examine your pet and approve your international health certificate for travel. We will also inform you of the risks of contracting a foreign disease and may recommend the appropriate vaccinations for your pet.

For all of our resident pets traveling from the United States, these health certificates must be approved by the USDA, alongside proof of rabies vaccination, rabies titer, and echinococcus tests and treatments.

To learn more about traveling with your pet and obtaining proper travel certificates call us at Nippers Corner Pet Medical Center today in Nashville, Tennessee.